Acceptable Use Policy
Interact may monitor, collect and use data pertaining to the use of Interact’s software and services (“Services”) provided that any such data collected will be anonymous without reference to the particular Customer or end-user.
You must not misuse the Services or assist anyone else in doing so. In the event of any misuse Interact has the right to immediately suspend the services. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to:
- load testing, probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network in the form of penetration or vulnerability testing.
- Attempting to breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Attempting to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”
- attempting to interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services
- attempting to monitor any data, information or communications on any network or system not owned by you without authorisation
- attempting to intercept, redirect or otherwise interfere with communications intended for others.
- publish or share materials that are pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference or disability
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others
- Customer accepts responsibility for their end-users and ensure they abide by this policy.