While change often factors strategy, technology, and people, it’s usually the people element that gets overlooked, blunting the potential of that change’s adoption and support.
Change not only impacts the organization as a whole but also personally affects the individuals within. How those individuals perceive and participate in the change will have a significant impact on the success of the transition, and the overall organizational culture.
Join us as Lisa Goddard from UFCU explains how they utilized Interact technology to develop and reinforce a collaborative culture, supporting connections and communication through their new intranet, “UFCU Connect.”
You’ll learn how they:
– How they used the intranet to bring the team together while bringing clarity to the transformation
– Used team spaces for workflow management and document collaboration
– Kept team members informed and supported through every step of the process
– Integrated internal events and campaigns on their intranet
– Designed for enhanced user experience and measured employee engagement
– And more…
Whether you’re looking for tips for your next change program, currently facing this challenge or just want to see how others approach usability and adoption on their intranet, this deep dive is sure to help.
University Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1936 and has grown into a strong, healthy and growing financial cooperative, serving more than 200 universities, associations, and employers in Central Texas and Galveston County.
While their company expanded and grew to currently serve the needs of more than 251,000 member/owners in Central Texas and Galveston Counties, their intranet did not.