About the role
We are a leading cloud intranet software vendor, hundreds of thousands of users each year will see and use your work to support their workplace activities. The people we employ are not afraid to fail, passionate about making change and think outside the box.
We are seeking a Technical Support Expert to be responsible for providing world class support for our flagship product Interact and custom applications for various customers. As a Technical Support Expert, you will will deal with a variety of issues, being the initial point of contact for customers and working these problems until full resolution. You will have superior troubleshooting and analytical skills, enjoy solving complex problems and have excellent customer service skills. You will be highly motiviated and driven to help both internal and external customers, and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside out.
This role requires lots of contact with our customers either via phone or email communication channels, therefore we really require somebody who is both comfortable and confident in a customer service role. You must be able to present yourself, the product and the organization in the most positive light – so we are looking for somebody who is personable and upbeat.
Hours: Monday to Friday – Shift working pattern (alternate weekly shifts 8am to 4.30pm EDT and 11.30am to 8pm EDT) with pre-scheduled 24/7/365 on-call rota.
A little about you...
- You realize the importance of conversation to build relationships with customers and deliver most of your support responses via the telephone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You understand the power of empathy in finding speedy resolutions to complex issues
- You are the Customer champion, ensuring the delivery of a positive support experience
- You have a methodical approach to problem investigations and will look at the bigger picture
- You have the natural ability to talk to everyone and can explain complex responses in simple terms
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines / SLA's
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 2 years working in a customer service role
- Moderate understanding of data transfer technologies (XML/JSON and FTP/HTTP)
- Some experience of AWS and scripting experience with Powershell or similar would be amazing!
- Providing first class technical support to our customers via phone or via our Support portal from initial contact to full resolution
- Serving as a product expert to our customers and helping them troubleshoot our software via phone, email and remote screen share
- Creating solutions and knowledge articles on our online community
- Training and mentoring other members of the team in your expert areas
- Making recommendations on areas of process improvement to Support Management
- Providing feedback on our products from a customer and technical perspective
- Collaborating effectively with product, engineering and QA teams
- Providing a best in class customer support experience, with every customer interaction