About the role
Are you an experienced Site Reliability Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Windows and cloud technologies (mostly AWS)? Would you like to be a part of a passionate, dedicated and highly skilled technical team and help shape the future infrastructure landscape here at Interact Software? Would you like to be part of an exciting period of change that will see a move to the cloud and open up a whole new world of technical capabilities?
Technology changes on a daily basis so why not be a part of a team that wants to embrace that change. This is an exciting opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join us and be an integral part of our cloud solution and supporting technologies. In a role where no two days are the same, you will play a crucial part of helping our business move forward to the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale to meet the future business demands. Systems/Network Engineers with a high level of experience would also be considered for the role.
A little about you...
- Experience in Windows OS and Technologies (such as IIS and SQL)
- Experience with AWS Technologies (such as EC2, VPC, Opsworks, and Cloud Formation)
- Experience in systems design, implementation, and automation
- Experience with .net web/application platforms
- Experience with database deployment and administration
- Experience with Chef/Ruby
- Experience with networking (Routing / Switching / Load Balancing)
- Experience with continuous build and integration tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Develop and maintain a scalable, resilient, cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as DevOps approach
- Work with the development teams to build and maintain a continuous deployment practice
- Contribute to platform architecture and design, and drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for ensuring platforms are kept secure and working with security to build this into the Infrastructure as Code configuration management solution
- Feed into the incident/change and problem support process
- Ensure high availability/disaster recovery processes are reflected as per the change cycle
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and support across multiple teams to allow for lessons to be learnt and best practices to be considered
- Go out into the industry and learn best practices, attend lunch/learns, meet and greets and incorporate gathered knowledge back into the platform
- Work on rota to support the service desk